Terms & Conditions of Advertising with Select Magazines
- All adverts are accepted by Select magazine on the understanding that they are copyright free. This includes any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in the advert. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to acquire any necessary permission for the use of any images, logos, photos, trade logos, clip art or any other content that is used in their advert/editorial/article/any other content.
- It is the advertiser’s responsibility to check the advert and ensure that it is correct at approval stage. No responsibility will be taken by Select magazine for any errors subsequently identified (i.e. after approval).
- Any logos/images/photos supplied should be a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any image/logo/photo supplied at a lower resolution.
- Any adverts supplied in JPEG, PDF or any other pre-prepared format will be inserted into Select magazine as supplied and will be assumed not to require copy approval. These files should be supplied at a minimum of 300dpi. No responsibility can be taken for the print quality of any advert supplied at a lower resolution. These files may be re-sized to fit the appropriate space.
- Any advert/editorial/article/design which Select magazine has created cannot be used in another publication or advertising medium (e.g. website) without the permission of Select magazine.
- Full payment is required by the date on the invoice supplied to you by Select magazine. If payment is not received on time, Select magazine has the right to charge a £25 late payment fee then, after 7 days, add interest on a daily basis at a rate of 4% above the base rate (see t&c 13 for clarification).
- Once an advertising package has been confirmed, either confirmation by telephone call, e-mail or letter, no refunds can be given if the advertiser subsequently decides that they wish to cancel the advertising package.
- Advertisers who pay by a cheque, which is subsequently returned unpaid, will be additionally invoiced for any banking fee charged as a result to Select magazine, as well as an administration fee of £10.
- Select magazine give no guarantee of the level of response to adverts/editorial/articles etc. Select magazine are unable to offer refunds if no responses are received.
- The distribution areas and distribution dates of Select magazine may vary at the discretion of the publisher.
- All invoices are payable by the date stated on the invoice, and in no circumstances shall the advertiser be entitled to make any deduction or withhold payment for any reason at all.
- Without prejudice to any other rights of Select magazine, if the advertiser fails to pay the invoice price by the due date the advertiser shall not be allowed any discount given in that invoice or in any other way agreed and shall pay interest on any overdue amount from the date of which payment was due to the date of actual payment (whether before or after judgment) on a daily basis at a rate of 4% p.a. over the base rate from time to time quoted by National Westminster Bank plc and shall reimburse to Select magazine all costs and expenses (including legal costs) incurred in the collection of any overdue amount.
- Select magazine shall not be liable or deemed to be in breach of contract by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of Select magazine’ obligations in relation to their services or publication and distribution of the publications, if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond Select magazine’ reasonable control. Without limiting the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond Select magazine’ reasonable control: act of God, adverse weather, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition, acts, restrictions, regulations, bye-laws, prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental parliamentary or local authority, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions whether involving employees of Select magazine or a third party, difficulties in obtaining raw materials, labour, fuel, parts or machinery, power failure or breakdown in machinery or technology.
SELECT MAGAZINES – AUTOMATED INVOICES EXPLAINED
When you book an advert with Select Magazine, we input the booking on to our system, and an invoice is automatically generated, which is then emailed to you and payment is due before the deadline date on the invoice.
Similar to ordering many services, including booking a holiday, you make a reservation, receive a payment invoice then, if you wish to continue with the booking, you pay before the invoice due date.
Depending on which publication you booked into, and how long until the print deadlines, the invoice due date will be in anything from 7-45 days.
Once payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation email, acknowledging your payment and telling you that your booking is confirmed.
If booking deadline is approaching, and payment has not been made, you will receive automated reminders. These reminders are automatically generated by our booking system and are to remind you that, if you wish to continue with the booking, payment is due.
As a small business with a large number of publications, we are unable to chase individual payments and our automated systems assists us in receiving payment and confirming your booking.
These reminders are not payment demands, these are simply booking reminders. As with any similar service, when you make a reservation, and booking deadline is approaching, you will receive reminders that, in order to complete your booking, payment is due. Without payment the booking remains unconfirmed.
If payment is not made by the booking deadline, the space is no longer reserved for you and will then be offered to another customer.